Creating a Resilient HawaiiPlaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall #2000, Honolulu, HI 96813 November 13, 2018 11:00 am
Please join us for lunch on November 13th to hear from leading experts about Hawaii’s resiliency efforts in the face of threats from climate change.
The panel discussion will be moderated by Dr. Makena Coffman, Director of Institute for Sustainability and Resilience. Panelists include
- Suzanne Case, Chair of Department of Land and Natural Resources and Co-lead of the Hawaii Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation Commission (“Climate Commission”)
- Josh Stanbro, Chief Resilience Officer, Office of Climate Change, Sustainability and Resiliency
- Kaiulani de Silva, Director and Consumer Affairs, Hawaiian Electric Company
Recommended background reading:
- United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (December 2018) Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 degrees Celsius
- Hawaii Sea Level Rise Vulnerability and Adaptation Report
- Transcending Oil: Hawaii’s Path to a Clean Energy Economy
Tuesday, November 13 at 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM at the Plaza Club in Honolulu. Registration and lunch start at 11:00 AM, program at 11:30 AM.
- WiRE Members: $30
- Non-members: $35
Did you renew your 2018 WiRE Membership?
For $25, you get discounts on all WiRE events, and other benefits. Memberships run for the calendar year. No matter what month you register, membership expires in December.