First Friday Dim Sum LunchMandalay Restaurant, 1055 Alakea Street, Honolulu, HI 96813
Please join us for an informal networking dim sum lunch at Mandalay Restaurant in downtown Honolulu every first Friday of the month. Advance registration required.
WiRE Professional and Technical Development Scholarship
WiRE is pleased to announce the Professional and Technical Development Scholarship courtesy of funding from the Frost Family Foundation to support WiRE member’s professional development and to empower them in the asking and negotiating for financial support from their employers for professional development opportunities. Starting January 1, 2019, WiRE will be providing members up to 50% financial support (up to $500) in the form of a grant for professional/technical development costs on a rolling basis through August 31, 2019, or whenever funds are fully disbursed.
This funding serves three main purposes:
- Empowers WiRE members by providing them access to professional training that they would not otherwise have;
- Allows WiRE members to demonstrate their ability to leverage outside funds when requesting support from their own employers or institutions; and
- Directly addresses the out of pocket costs associated with WiRE members’ efforts to advance to the next level of their careers.
Scholarship requirements are:
For any questions on the Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) Professional and Technical Training Scholarship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Recipients may be asked to participate in a WiRE panel, survey or discussion groups to share about their experience with this program.
- Submit application (available online) to WiRE at email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) in advance of professional or technical development start but no later than August 15, 2019. Note: Applications will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
- Upon application acceptance and grant amount approval from WiRE, submit reimbursement request (see attached)* within 30 days of professional or technical development completion but no later than August 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org). *Receipt(s) must be included in this request in order to receive reimbursement.
- Only current WiRE members may apply.
- Allowed professional or technical development reimbursement includes registration/participant fees for courses, seminars, conferences, and workshops, and must relate to the WiRE member’s current work or efforts to advance to the next level of their career. Travel or related expenses to take professional or technical development is NOT reimbursable under this scholarship.
- WiRE member must demonstrate asking and negotiating for financial support from their employers for professional or technical development. This requirement is not applicable for self-employed WiRE members.
- WiRE members are only able to apply once for this scholarship period.
We look forward to receiving your application!
WiRE President and Executive Board
Maui WiRE Innovation Pau HanaMaui Arts and Cultural Center March 28, 2019 4:30 pm
Beyond Photovoltaics and Batteries: Exploring Hydrogen and Other Energy Solutions to Drive the Transition to a Sustainable FuturePLAZA CLUB, 900 FORT STREET MALL #2000, HONOLULU, HI 96813 February 8, 2019 8:00 am
WiRE hosted a breakfast on February 8, 2019, which was a discussion with local experts exploring the role of hydrogen in the transition to clean energy and clean transportation. (more…)
Creating a Resilient HawaiiPlaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall #2000, Honolulu, HI 96813 November 13, 2018 11:00 am
Please join us for lunch on November 13th to hear from leading experts about Hawaii’s resiliency efforts in the face of threats from climate change.
Student C3E Symposium ScholarshipOctober 10, 2018 5:00 pmWe are honored to announce the Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) Student C3E Symposium Scholarship providing two outstanding women students the opportunity to participate in the invitation-only Clean Energy Education & Empowerment (C3E) Symposium on December 3-4, 2018 at Stanford University in California.
Broadband in HawaiiPlaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall, 20th Floor Honolulu, HI 96813 July 20, 2018 8:00 amWiRE hosted a breakfast panel on Friday, July 20th from 8:00-9:30 AM to discuss broadband in Hawaii.
2018 Legislative Session DebriefPlaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall, 20th Floor Honolulu, HI 96813 May 25, 2018 11:30 amOn May 25th, WiRE held a debrief of the 2018 legislative session. We explored key renewable energy, energy efficiency, and clean transportation policies considered during the session.
WiRE Pau Hana with Executive Chairman of SoftBank EnergyPlaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall, 20th Floor Honolulu, HI 96813 April 4, 2018 5:00 pmIn April 2018, WiRE hosted a pau hana and an insightful discussion with SoftBank Energy’sExecutive Chairman Manoj Kohli about their goal to build the largest solar company in the world by 2020.
Maui WiRE Pau HanaMaui Arts and Cultural Center, Morgado Hall One Cameron Way, Kahului, HI 96732 March 15, 2018 4:30 pm
Maui WiRE hosted a pau hana gathering following the Maui Energy Conference on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. (more…)
Critical Cyberinfrastructure Risks and Technologies in a Changing WorldPlaza Club, 900 Fort Street Mall, 20th Floor Honolulu, HI 96813 February 27, 2018 7:30 am
On February 27th, WiRE hosted a dynamic breakfast event exploring critical cyberinfrastructure risks and new technologies in a changing world. We discussed how machine learning, data analytics, and collaboration between utilities, industry, and universities can develop solutions. (more…)
The State and Future of Firm Renewables in HawaiiPlaza Club January 26, 2018 11:00 amOn January 26, 2018, WiRE hosted an insightful discussion on the state and future of firm renewable energy (including biogas, geothermal and biofuels) in Hawaii. (more…)