WiRE Professional and Technical Development Scholarship
WiRE is pleased to announce the Professional and Technical Development Scholarship courtesy of funding from the Frost Family Foundation to support WiRE member’s professional development and to empower them in the asking and negotiating for financial support from their employers for professional development opportunities. Starting January 1, 2019, WiRE will be providing members up to 50% financial support (up to $500) in the form of a grant for professional/technical development costs on a rolling basis through August 31, 2019, or whenever funds are fully disbursed.
This funding serves three main purposes:
- Empowers WiRE members by providing them access to professional training that they would not otherwise have;
- Allows WiRE members to demonstrate their ability to leverage outside funds when requesting support from their own employers or institutions; and
- Directly addresses the out of pocket costs associated with WiRE members’ efforts to advance to the next level of their careers.
Scholarship requirements are:
For any questions on the Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE) Professional and Technical Training Scholarship, please contact us at email@example.com. Recipients may be asked to participate in a WiRE panel, survey or discussion groups to share about their experience with this program.
- Submit application (available online) to WiRE at firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of professional or technical development start but no later than August 15, 2019. Note: Applications will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
- Upon application acceptance and grant amount approval from WiRE, submit reimbursement request (see attached)* within 30 days of professional or technical development completion but no later than August 31, 2019 to email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). *Receipt(s) must be included in this request in order to receive reimbursement.
- Only current WiRE members may apply.
- Allowed professional or technical development reimbursement includes registration/participant fees for courses, seminars, conferences, and workshops, and must relate to the WiRE member’s current work or efforts to advance to the next level of their career. Travel or related expenses to take professional or technical development is NOT reimbursable under this scholarship.
- WiRE member must demonstrate asking and negotiating for financial support from their employers for professional or technical development. This requirement is not applicable for self-employed WiRE members.
- WiRE members are only able to apply once for this scholarship period.
We look forward to receiving your application!
WiRE President and Executive Board